Hello my lovely ladies and gents! Today I have an exciting new subscription box to share with you guys! It’s my Birchbox subscription for October 2015! It might not be new to most people. I’m sure a lot of you have heard about Birchbox. But it is new to me.
I never considered Birchbox because I always wanted more full size products when it came to subscription boxes. For those of you not familiar with Birchbox, they are a subscription box company that sends out samples sized products every month for $10 a box. Lately I’ve been seeing more and more people post their Birchbox with samples of items that I want to try with a decent amount of product despite the fact that they are sample sizes. So I decided to give it a try and it turned out better than I could have hoped. This is probably my 4th box now and I have loved every box so far. I’ve ended up trying everything in the box and loved most if not all things that I received.
So I guess it goes without saying that I am very satisfied with Birchbox! Anyways, here’s what I recieved for the month of October.
Alright, I know it doesn’t look like much but there’s a bunch of awesome things in this box. And it’s really pretty!
This is the Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo. I have heard so many amazing things about this dry shampoo. I’ve been so curious about it but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend that much money when my favorite dry shampoo (Batiste) is only $7. Less if I have coupons. I want to see if it can really beat my Batiste and if it’s worth the splurge.
Next is the Eyeko Black Magic Mascara. I have never heard of this brand before but it does spark my interest. I’ve never seen a mascara in a tube before and I do like the brush at first glance. So I hope I end up liking this mascara.
This one is called ModelCo Ultra Long-Lasting Lipstick in Kitty. Personally, I don’t have high hopes for this. I’ve been way too disappointed by this brand. I’ve yet to find a product I like from this brand. But it is a nice color. I did swatch it but I lost the picture of the swatch. Swatching it went smoothly. It was creamy and felt hydrating on my hand but the pigmentation was lackluster. I’ll leave it at that.
This is the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre. Good thing they have a description on the Birchbox flier because the description on the product was in french. This moisturizer claims that it heals dryness and preps the skin for makeup. So I guess it’s a primer and a moisturizer too? Those are huge claims for a moisturizer though.
Last but not the least is the Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels. I’m always excited when I get samples like these. I have panda eyes and always looking for ways to treat them or make them appear better. These types of pads are usually hard to come by and when they do, they cost a fortune and only have 5 packs in one set which usually means 5 uses. So I’m excited to try it!
Anyways thanks for stopping by!
Until next time!
A few days ago, I turned 21 and for my 21st birthday, I felt that I needed a major transformation. I went to the salon and this is pretty much what happened.
Here’s my before picture:
Here’s the process of my transformation:
Here are the results:
When I first saw it, I was pretty shocked. It was super bright and I was going for something more muted. But it turns out to be just their lighting. The salon I went to had super bright yellow lighting. Hence the color you see on my hair for this picture.
Here’s what my hair looks like in a more natural everyday lighting:
Overall, I’m happy with the results. I think it’s a good change especially transitioning into the spring and summer.
What are you guys doing for the spring and summer? Anyone getting a new haircut? Or perhaps some highlights? How bout some ombre hair?
Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
Here is my BoxyCharm unboxing/first impression for December 2014. My overall impression for this month’s box was pretty good. I am really going to enjoy the Coastal Scents Revealed Palette and I am ecstatic about the Lina Lashes! They are my first mink lashes! I cannot wait to try them out! The rest are mehh but the palette and the lashes really make up for it. Enjoy!
Mistura Beauty Solutions Retractable Beauty Brush
Be A Bombshell Lip Products
Eva NYC Hair Products
Coastal Scents Revealed Palette
Lina Lashes Luxury Mink Lashes
Hey guys! My boyfriend’s friends are back from college and we had a blast today! It was an awesome day filled with board games, video games, pizza, and soda (hot cocoa for me). This is my OOTD for a fun and comfy day. Even on days like these, I still want to look cute. So I topped this look with a cute messy bun. What are you doing for the break?
The holidays are upon us! Here is a fun little gift guide for your beauty lover friends and family! This guide is late but for all you late holiday shoppers out there, I hope this helps. Oh and don’t forget! This guide is also for my fellow beauty obsessed darlings out there looking to fill up their personal holiday shopping list! So enjoy and happy holidays! ^-^
$20 and under
- EOS Lip Balm: This can be bought for great deals and sets at Ulta and Costco
- Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer: These hand sanitizers are usually 5 for $5 at Bath & Body Works. Great for stocking stuffers.
- Bath & Body Works Lotions: There is a wide variety of offers for their lotions and they have cheaper travel size versions too for stocking stuffers.
- Bath & Body Works Candles: These can be bought at great offers and deals or travel size versions.
- Lush Lip Scrub: Great to partner with a lip balm and some candy. Wrap that up and that can be a gift already.
- Nyx Wicked Dreams Eyeshadow Palette: Great for beginners. It has a lot of neutral shades with a variety of finishes and some pop out colors. I found this at Ulta for the best deal.
- Bite Beauty Min N’ Mingle Lip Minis: Great for stocking stuffers!
- Nail polish: Always a great gift for beauty lovers. There are a lot of sets from both Sephora and Ulta for great deals.
$20 – $40
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo: Both blush and bronzer are highly respected and well-liked in the beauty community. Most beauty lovers will fall in love with this gift.
- Formula X – Paint the town: A great gift for nail polish lovers or those looking to widen their color range of nail polish. This is not on the Sephora website anymore but can be found at Sephora stores. I checked three different malls in different cities for this and they all had plenty of stock for them. If you want to purchase it for the Sephora price which is much cheaper than Amazon’s, then go to your local Sephora store!
- Too Faced Beauty Wishes and Sweet Kisses: A beautiful set for beginners or those that want to be more familiar with the Too faced brand.
- Tarte Sweet Dreams Deluxe Best Sellers Collections: A wonderful set for a wonderful deal!
- Sephora Favorites: Give Me Some Lip: Great for lip product lovers! Includes some of the most coveted lip products.
$40 and above
- Lorac Pro Palette 1 & 2: At the moment, these are my favorite eye shadow palettes and favorite brand for eyeshadows! I highly recommend these palettes as gifts to any beauty lovers that don’t already have it! Amazing eye shadow formulation and a wide range of colors. This is good for people that are starting out with makeup or even professionals.
- Smashbox On the Rocks Photo Op Shadow Luxe: Great for neutral palette lovers! It gives them enough for everyday and smoky eye looks. There are also a few bright colors that gives them the option of playing with colors.
- Perfume or Perfume Sampler: In my experience, perfume has been one of the hardest gifts to give. Everyone has a different sense of smell and unless you know the person well and what types of smells they like or they tell you that they desire a specific perfume, then I recommend to skip the perfume idea. However, the perfume sampler is also a great alternative to give instead of a specific perfume. There is a voucher for a full size perfume inside this set. The recipient will be able to choose which perfume they like.
- Flat Iron or Curler: There are many possibilities for these but I currently own a Sedu Revolution Flat Iron. I bought mine from Folica but I got mine for a different price. Folica has fluctuating sales on products like this. If you are willing to wait then you can purchase this for a much lower price. Other brands that I would recomment are Babyliss, Chi, and Remmington for hair styling tools.
- Glam Glow Gift Sexy: Amazing gift for skin care lovers. These are the best facial masks I have ever tried. They are out of stock at the Sephora website at the moment but I found plenty of stock in other Sephora stores that I have been to for the past month.
- NARS World Domination Cheek Palette: At the moment, my favorites cheek palette. These are awesome for people that travel, always on the run or those that do not want to carry too many things. It has three blushes, a highlighter and the Laguna bronzer.
I hope I helped some of you find some gift ideas and the others with their shopping list! I hope you all have a blessed, wonderful holiday!