Happy Holidays everyone! I just wanted to share a quick Christmas inspired makeup look. I hope you guys like! Enjoy!
Makeup Geek Duochrome Eyeshadow in Karma – All over the lid
Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Chickadee – On the crease and little bit above the crease.
Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Bitten – Outer V and 1/3 on the lid
Makeup Geek Eye Shadow in Dirty Martini – 1/3 on the inner lid and tearduct. Under the eyes.
Benefit Roller Lash Mascara and Marc Jacobs Omega Mascara – On my lashes.
Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer
Too Faced Born this Way Foundation in Sand
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep
Mac Blush in Melba
Laura Geller Baked Highlighter in French Vanilla
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm as Setting Powder
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick in Gothica
Have a very Merry Chrismas! Thanks for stopping by! Until next time!
Hey guys! Just a quick first impression/unboxing post. A package from Tarte Cosmetics came today and I was so extremely excited at what’s inside the box that I decided to share it with you guys. I got the Home for the Holidaze Collector’s Set & Portable Palette! Tarte had a similar product like this last year during the Holidays and I didn’t get it when I had the chance. For the whole year, I was kicking myself for not getting the set. But they released another version of it this year and I am definitely not missing out on it.
This set is now available on the Tart Cosmetics website and also at Macy’s.
Here’s the box or packing around the product. It’s pretty standard for a holiday makeup product but I like it. The color scheme is festive and gaudy as it should be.
It comes with a travel size version of Tarte’s Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara and a travel size version of their Lip Surgence in the color Ravishing. Last but not the least, yes if you guys haven’t noticed yet, that is an empty palette. You can take the eye shadow and blush set and place them into the empty palette then interchange them as you desire. That’s the whole reason why I was so disappointed when I didn’t get this palette because of the whole interchangeable travel size palette. It’s a wonderful idea of a holiday palette. It’s very convenient and with events that might spontaneously occur out of nowhere as we approach the holidays, you might just need to take your makeup up a notch and this palette can come in handy for those types of situations.
Normally, I wouldn’t purchase products like these just because the colors are very standard and plain. Don’t get me wrong, they’re beautiful but they’re common neutrals and staples. This set contains browns, plums, taupe, and of course a smoky set of quads which is actually all the staples for fall, winter and the holidays. So with this set, I’m set to go for the rest of the season. The blushes are also really beautiful. Most of these would look beautiful on any skin tone.
Overall, I’m really excited about the palette! I can’t wait to play around with it and switch the quads around when I need to!
Thanks for reading! I’ll catch you guys next time!
The holidays are upon us! Here is a fun little gift guide for your beauty lover friends and family! This guide is late but for all you late holiday shoppers out there, I hope this helps. Oh and don’t forget! This guide is also for my fellow beauty obsessed darlings out there looking to fill up their personal holiday shopping list! So enjoy and happy holidays! ^-^
$20 and under
- EOS Lip Balm: This can be bought for great deals and sets at Ulta and Costco
- Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer: These hand sanitizers are usually 5 for $5 at Bath & Body Works. Great for stocking stuffers.
- Bath & Body Works Lotions: There is a wide variety of offers for their lotions and they have cheaper travel size versions too for stocking stuffers.
- Bath & Body Works Candles: These can be bought at great offers and deals or travel size versions.
- Lush Lip Scrub: Great to partner with a lip balm and some candy. Wrap that up and that can be a gift already.
- Nyx Wicked Dreams Eyeshadow Palette: Great for beginners. It has a lot of neutral shades with a variety of finishes and some pop out colors. I found this at Ulta for the best deal.
- Bite Beauty Min N’ Mingle Lip Minis: Great for stocking stuffers!
- Nail polish: Always a great gift for beauty lovers. There are a lot of sets from both Sephora and Ulta for great deals.
$20 – $40
- NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo: Both blush and bronzer are highly respected and well-liked in the beauty community. Most beauty lovers will fall in love with this gift.
- Formula X – Paint the town: A great gift for nail polish lovers or those looking to widen their color range of nail polish. This is not on the Sephora website anymore but can be found at Sephora stores. I checked three different malls in different cities for this and they all had plenty of stock for them. If you want to purchase it for the Sephora price which is much cheaper than Amazon’s, then go to your local Sephora store!
- Too Faced Beauty Wishes and Sweet Kisses: A beautiful set for beginners or those that want to be more familiar with the Too faced brand.
- Tarte Sweet Dreams Deluxe Best Sellers Collections: A wonderful set for a wonderful deal!
- Sephora Favorites: Give Me Some Lip: Great for lip product lovers! Includes some of the most coveted lip products.
$40 and above
- Lorac Pro Palette 1 & 2: At the moment, these are my favorite eye shadow palettes and favorite brand for eyeshadows! I highly recommend these palettes as gifts to any beauty lovers that don’t already have it! Amazing eye shadow formulation and a wide range of colors. This is good for people that are starting out with makeup or even professionals.
- Smashbox On the Rocks Photo Op Shadow Luxe: Great for neutral palette lovers! It gives them enough for everyday and smoky eye looks. There are also a few bright colors that gives them the option of playing with colors.
- Perfume or Perfume Sampler: In my experience, perfume has been one of the hardest gifts to give. Everyone has a different sense of smell and unless you know the person well and what types of smells they like or they tell you that they desire a specific perfume, then I recommend to skip the perfume idea. However, the perfume sampler is also a great alternative to give instead of a specific perfume. There is a voucher for a full size perfume inside this set. The recipient will be able to choose which perfume they like.
- Flat Iron or Curler: There are many possibilities for these but I currently own a Sedu Revolution Flat Iron. I bought mine from Folica but I got mine for a different price. Folica has fluctuating sales on products like this. If you are willing to wait then you can purchase this for a much lower price. Other brands that I would recomment are Babyliss, Chi, and Remmington for hair styling tools.
- Glam Glow Gift Sexy: Amazing gift for skin care lovers. These are the best facial masks I have ever tried. They are out of stock at the Sephora website at the moment but I found plenty of stock in other Sephora stores that I have been to for the past month.
- NARS World Domination Cheek Palette: At the moment, my favorites cheek palette. These are awesome for people that travel, always on the run or those that do not want to carry too many things. It has three blushes, a highlighter and the Laguna bronzer.
I hope I helped some of you find some gift ideas and the others with their shopping list! I hope you all have a blessed, wonderful holiday!